What are the most important skills in sales? How to become better at sales and win more business? What you are doing wrong in sales and how to improve? Empty your mind. Be fully present. Listen with intention. Sales training for creative entrepreneurs.
Members from the Futur Pro Community gathered at our offices to connect, share, create and gain insight on their business. It's a deep dive on what creative entrepreneurs need to do to be successful. This is After Hours.
Learn more about The Futur Pro Group here 👉http://bit.ly/2Lk5zJs
02:20 – context for how do we shut off the monkey brain
09:00 – how do we shut off the monkey brain
– Learn how to be human. There's a human across from you that wants to connect.
– Understand what's being said and what's going on. Demonstrate what you understand and acknowledge what the other person is going through.
– I'll only work with you if I like you and I trust you.
– Learn how to understand the question. Follow the clues.
13:00 – How does one get better at identifying clues?
– Clues stand out by being different
– You look for clues by trying to understand
– It's not that you're not listening, it's that you don't understand the intention.
– Break down what "clue" means
19:00 – Chris' story about Art Center
22:00 – How do you know when you get to the true assumption
24:00 – Why does Mo feel the urge to speak
– Direction is more important than velocity
– If you get me there, but "there" is the wrong place now I'm further than where I was.
– We speak because we're uncomfortable with silence
– If you want to respond, jot down your idea.
28:00 – How can someone become comfortable in chaos and in change and how do we react
– When walk in with an agenda, you become close minded
37:00 – When someone says something, don't do anything unless anything's asked of you. ***
– Ask yourself if it's something I can do
– Is it something you want to do
– How do you want to respond?
42:00 – The benefits of being present
– Trying to read people's body language
44:00 – How should you react when the client says "you should know this"
45:00 – S.A.L.E.S.
53:00 – It's hard to forget our assumptions when there's pressure
– Try to be present to what's going on
– If you want the work, act like you don't want it
1:03:00 – Rewind this part, it's bada**
1:11:00 – If you have an expectation of how it's going to go, then you're going to be disappointed. Comfort in the chaos. ***
1:20:00 – Takeaways
👉See our Academy Channel: https://goo.gl/vB9zoP
Want a deeper dive? Typography, Lettering, Sales & Marketing, Social Media and The Business of Design courses available here:
🎙 Futur Podcast: https://thefutur.com/podcast/
✍️ Futur Blog: https://thefutur.com/blog/
Love the content? Become a sustaining member for $5/mo today.
Essential Reading for Creative Professionals: https://bit.ly/biz-booklist
Essential Design Books: https://bit.ly/futur-design-books
Kits & Proposals:
Visit our website:
Mandarin (Chinese) Subtitles on UiiUii
We love getting your letters. Send it here:
c/o Chris Do
1702 Olympic Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
🙏 Support The Futur by purchasing through our affiliate links:
Retro Supply Co.: http://bit.ly/2GW8gzR
Creative Market: https://goo.gl/g4jlTE
Design Cuts: http://bit.ly/2GSsAR3
✍️ Sharpen your skills by taking a course, using our affiliate links:
School of Motion: http://bit.ly/futur-som
Bring Your Own Laptop Tutorials: https://byol.me/thefutur
🎧 Do you like the music? Check out the music libraries we use in our affiliate links below:
Epidemic Sound: http://share.epidemicsound.com/thefutur
Get our FAVORITE notebook from Baron Fig: https://baronfig.com/?ref=zQoKL
*By making a purchase through any of our affiliate links, we receive a very small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us on our mission to provide quality education to you. Thank you.
Host– Chris Do
Cinematography– Jona Garcia
Live Editor– Jona Garcia
Social Team: Elle Money, Alex Burlui
Futur Theme Music – Adam Sanborne http://www.adamsanborne.com
Typefaces: Futura, DIN, Helvetica Now, Calibre, Knockout, Champion Gothic
Futur theme song— Adam Sanborne