Succinct Summations for the week ending June 14th, 2019
1. MBA mortgage apps rose 10.0% w/o/w, greater than previous decrease of 2.0%.
2. MBA mortgage refinance apps rose 47.0% w/o/w, greater than previous 6.0% increase.
3. Job openings came in at 7.449M for April, higher than the expected 7.400M.
4. Industrial production rose 0.4% m/o/m, greater than the expected increase of 0.2%.
5. Business inventories rose 0.5%, meeting the higher end of expectations.
6. PPI-FD rose 0.1% m/o/m, meeting expectations.
1. Jobless claims rose 3k w/o/w from 219k to 222k.
2. CPI rose 0.1% m/o/m, lower than the previous increase of 0.3%.
3. Import prices fell 0.3% and exports prices fell 0.2% w/o/w, both lower than the previous increase of 0.1% for each.
4. Retail sales rose 5.0% m/o/m, missing the expected increase of 7.0%.
5. Consumer sentiment came in at 97.9 for May, lower than the expected 98.4.
6. Same store sales rose 5.0% w/o/w, decelerating from previous increase of 5.8%.